Anycast DNS: A Brief Definition
Anycast DNS is plain and simple a superior choice for DNS, but let’s backtrack a bit and give you a basic understanding of how Anycast DNS works.
The purely technical definition states “Anycast DNS is a network addressing and routing methodology, in which datagrams from a single sender are routed to the topologically nearest node in a group of potential receivers.” This might be a bit complicated to grasp, so here’s a simpler way to view the concept.
Anycast DNS is a simple concept – you can reach a single destination following many different roads. Instead of having all the traffic go down one route, Anycast DNS utilizes multiple locations that receive queries to the network, but in different geographical locations. The objective here is for the network to find the shortest path for a user to a particular DNS serve
The Unicast protocol is a relic from the past and it doesn’t adequately meet client’s needs. It lacks the ability to mitigate DDoS attacks globally, have lower dns latency across countries or make proper load balancing in multiple locations. Anycast DNS is your ticket for a fast and reliable dns at the same time!
SkyTechNG DNS features a Premium Anycast DNS service in each of our Anycast DDoS Protected DNS Plan we tailor for you. We maximize the speed, minimize downtime and provide our customers with the highest possible SLA for each of our global locations. Our customers have full redundancy and reliability on our network with reduced latency across each continent.
A Case for Anycast DNS’s Superiority
Now that we’ve explained the basics and given you a core definition of Anycast DNS, allow us to get into the details. These are some of the undeniable advantages you get when you use the SkyTechNG Anycast network:
- Load Balancing / Speed Boost: SkyTechNG DNS utilizes 24 POPs ( points of presence ) on our extensive Anycast Network – available for every domain. This has an immediate positive effect on response times as queries are evenly distributed based on geographical source and servers load.
- Improved Reliability: Forget about downtime and performance issues – our Anycast network has multiple geographically dispersed servers that reroute traffic from any POPs when there are issues that impair performance. Our goal is to provide the highest SLA when possible.
- Multiple DDoS Protection Providers: DDoS attacks are quickly neutralized thanks to a large number of DDoS mitigation providers that localize DDoS attacks, restrict such attacks to only a portion of the Anycast DNS group and a portion of our network, minimizing the risk of downtime.
- Multiple DDoS Cleaning Facilities: Our additional security layer detects malicious traffic and cleans the traffic before accessing our dns servers network.
- Real Hardware at Each POP: Forget about unreliable dns caching proxies! We use real hardware at each POP thus reducing the initial time for response for each domain making it almost instantaneous.
- Route Monitoring on Every POP: Our system automatically analyses the shortest paths for our POPs, both local and global, and reroutes them through the lowest latency geographical location with zero downtime.
- Dual Stack Network: Our Anycast Network is a full dual stack network – IPv4 and IPv6 available at each of our POPs.
- Autonomous System: What truly puts our system in a league of its own is its autonomous responses issued within 15 seconds. A great advantage as it reduces the time for human intervention.
- 24/7 Support: No matter what day, no matter when, you’re supported around the clock without a day of rest. SkyTechNG DNS provides continuous, uninterrupted network monitoring and support. Our Technical Support team is online for you 24/7 by live chat and tickets. We can migrate your zones for free,